It’s time. The knowledge is there. The skills are there. Your employee may even already be in the position with the responsibility and the opportunity. You have the sense this person is perfect for this role and has the potential to be a superstar!
There’s just one hitch. You’re noticing some communication issues that need to be addressed now. To really succeed, and bring the value to your organization you know is possible, you need to help this next stage leader step into a whole new level of presentation, and representation.
Okay. But, how? How do you support your team member to move into the next stage of leadership?
The Stage Is Yours!
Over the past many years, I’ve worked with numerous mid-level employees who’ve contacted me personally for coaching support. They are fantastic at what they do, yet knew they had some gaps in their presentation and communication skills that were holding them back. Perhaps the very gaps you’ve noticed in your employees.
From this experience, I’ve developed this new live group coaching program to address the real-world skills they need to move them into their next stage.
Here’s the program:
You can choose to engage this program one topic at a time, or as a package of all three. Each topic is covered in two, two-hour live coaching sessions with a Q&A phone session in between, over the course of a month.
Here are the topics:
1. How to Become a Speaker Who Commands Attention and Respect!
- Organize your speech based on your audience, purpose and the five elements
- Learn how to engage your audience with emotional engagement and creative expression techniques
- Understand the nature of stage fright and create your stage free practice
2. How to Communicate with Respect, Clarity and Skill!
- Understand your communication intention and style
- The drama triangle – how you get in and how to get out!
- How to communicate through conflict
3. How to Run a First Class, Engaged Meeting That Gets Things Done!
- The fundamentals – creating structure, staying on time, setting up the room
- Engage participants – create space for real interaction
- Deal with disruptions and distractions and extend the impact